First Storm

He's not showing up.
It's been over two months of
I really want to
I'll do my best
What do you feel,
What do you hope for?
I want to plan a trip,
I want to spend time together
to

I'll be in San Ysidro.

The other side of the continent.

The thunder explodes outside her window.
She's new here.
First storm.
Let's see if everything holds.

She'd been doing her best to ask for what she wanted but could sense a push pull from him.
You here?
I'm here.
All in.
Retract.
Apologize, explain, go ahead.
Now
It's ultimatums and irritations.
This is how I am
to
This doesn't work for me.

An object in motion stays in motion.
Until
An outside force bigger than the primary driver diverts the energy and changes the direction.
Slow down.
Patience.
Hold.
Wait-

no.

Keep going.
You do you, she says.

She wonders where expectation lives.

Three days.
That's her rule.
Get in, unpack, hang everything in it's proper place.
Energy begets energy.
Keep moving forward.
She creates a good home.
Holds space well.
Welcomes guests with open arms
And hearts and minds.

The sheers blow in, draping the ottoman like a wave cresting a rock.
For a moment she loses sight of it.
The storm shifts
And the wind sucks the sheers flat against the screen,
Revealing the ottoman for what it is.
What it was.
Ah, yes.
She can see it now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Moving in Stasis

Kindness Is A Boomerang

Good, Not Great